About to head into my third month of blogging, but I must say, April has been a great month! My Goals for May post will be short but sweet, giving complete transparency of my numbers from this month, and telling you simply about what I want to achieve in May. You can read my goals for April here and see how I did by reading on!
My goals for April were…
One. Reach 200 Pinterest
Did I achieve this? No. Am I particularly bothered? Nope. This is because I did gain a few more followers, though I haven’t really tried all that much with Pinterest this month. However my monthly reach has gone up to a massive 42k and my engagement rate has slowly but surely increased too. So it’s not all bad!
Two. Reach 2.2k on Twitter
Again, I didn’t quite reach this, but I had almost a full week off social media, including Twitter, as I just needed a break! So I’m also not mad at myself for this one – that week off was needed and you win some, you loose some, am I right!? And I love all 1,834 of my followers!
Three. Create 1 Blog Post a Week
So I managed this one! Or at least I wrote 4 posts which averages out at 1 a week…! I find this much more attainable that two a week. I work full time and I love blogging, but I also need some me time every now and again, and I’m not going to feel guilty about that!
Four. Hit 2k Blog views
I didn’t reach this one no, but I’m currently at 3,300 – and as I said before, I’ve taken a lot of time off this month, I’ve not scheduled tweets, I’ve not written as much, but I still think 1.3k on a month where I ‘took it easy’ is pretty good, so I’m still super happy with this month!
My #Wins for this month
- Reaching out to my first PR company, and it payed off meaning I worked on a campaign with them!
- Getting contacted about attending my first blogger event! I am unfortunately unable to go, however I’m hoping it means there will be more invites to come.
- Got contacted about going to another event to cover it in my blog/on my social media, so hoping that works out!
Goals for this month
I’m not going to go to over the top with my goals this month, I have found in April that it was important for me to stop obsessing so much over numbers in terms of views etc. I’m therefore going to try and be less tough on myself, but still setting goals as I think it’s important to have something to aim for!
- To be more consistent in my blog post scheduling on Twitter! This is a massive part of blogging for me, it really makes a difference to my views and is a really simple thing for me to do.
- I would love to hit 4,000 views on my blog, meaning only 700 this month, something I’m hoping is easily reachable!
- To get better at my Instagram game! I’m going to York for a weekend, and Belfast for a week so I’m hoping to learn to take pictures and make them more pretty – maybe even create a (slight) theme for my feed!
I’m finding it important to create easier attainable goals. Hopefully this means I’ll have a better sense of accomplishment at the end of May compared to not hitting any of my goals this month!
What are your goals for May? Let me know in the comments below!