Well, being a travel blogger and not always travelling is pretty tough. What is even tougher is the constant sense of wanderlust when you’re stuck in a full time job. I love my job, don’t get me wrong, but I seem to be constantly counting down the days till my next trip, whether it’s somewhere local to home, or somewhere over seas. Keep reading to see my plans for my future travels.
U.K. Based Travels
I’m pretty lucky when it comes to U.K. based travels, in that I have a lot of family scattered about, meaning I get the chance to go to all sorts of places all over the country. My current plans for U.K. based travels for 2018 are:
- Scarborough ~ my hometown and where my parents, sister and dog live, so i will definitely be heading there at least once.
- Newcastle ~ this is on lock down, two days away for myself and my boyfriend, we have booked tickets to see a comedian (Kevin Bridges!) and already booked the hotel, so that’s a green light!
- Belfast ~ this is where my boyfriend, Jordi, is from, and his fa
- mily live over there, we are hoping to get over at least twice to see them. I’d like to get over a lot more, I love Northern Ireland!
- York ~ my Granddad lives in York, and it was the nearest city to my when I was younger, so I know it like the back of my hand. It’s one of my favourite places on the whole planet, the last time I went we went to the Christmas markets, and maybe got a little too merry!
- Malton ~ Malton is a small village in the middle of the gorgeous countryside, my Grandma lives there, I love going to see her and the train stops within walking distance to her house, so it’s super easy for me to get too!
- London ~ I hope to get to London at least once this year, train tickets are usually pretty dear, but I have two aunties who live in different parts of London, meaning free accommodation & home cooked meals, reducing the cost of a few days in the capital drastically!
So this is the most exciting one right? Unfortunately, with saving up for our Round the World trip next year, me and Jordi can’t afford any big destination holidays this year. However, we do have a couple planned. My 2018 overseas travels plans are:
- New York City ~ I’m sooo excited about this one! My dad lives in New Zealand, so a great place to meet up is America right!? Last year I went by myself to San Francisco to meet my dad and his girlfriend. However, this year he is pays flights & accommodation for me AND Jordi! Lucky right! NYC has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember, so I am unbelievably excited.
- Montpelier ~ so my auntie has recently moved to Montpelier in the south of France. (I know I have a lot of aunties!) I’d love to go down, and if I can get cheap flights it would definitely be a green light!
- Brussles/Amsterdam ~ this one has a big question mark next to it. I really want to go to one of these destinations on a a mini cruise, however we would really need to look at our funds if that were the case. I can hope tho!
To say I was thinking I wasn’t going to many places this year, I suppose I’m very lucky to get to go to that many! I wouldn’t be able to do half as much travelling if it wasn’t for having family members I was able to stay with. That’s one thing I really suggest for saving money whilst travelling, use your contacts! It might be your Auntie’s best friend that you met when you were 10, that offers up a couch for you to stay on, but if they’re okay with it, it would be daft for you not to go for it!